Posted on : 21-01-2011 | By : GuestPoster | In : Exercises
You do not have to go to the gym in order for you to know how to lose weight, stay fit, and maintain a healthy body. As long as you know these home exercises, then you can easily achieve your goal – weight loss or weight gain – even when you are at home.
- Walking – if it is not too sunny and not raining either, then you can go for a walk and enjoy the fresh air, the scenery, and the sunshine. You can walk around the house or on a treadmill if you have one.
- Jumping Jacks – this may sound a little too old fashioned but this type of exercise still works. Jumping jacks is a great warm-up exercise before you start your daily exercise routine. Take note that when jumping jacks are done with high intensity, it can definitely provide your body with lots of cardio benefits.
- Step Exercises – this exercise can help you tone your legs, aside from providing you cardio benefits and helping you lose weight. You can do this at the bottom step of the staircase or on a solid surface with elevated height.
- Running – if there is no way for you to step outside and do running exercises, then do the running in place exercise at home. This can be done while you are watching TV or while you are listening to your iPod. For maximum benefits, try to maintain a brisk phase.
- Leg Raises – these are great for toning the muscles in your abdomen. Just lie on your back and raise your legs – 12 inches off the ground – and let them stay suspended in the air for at least 10 to 15 seconds.
- Crunches – this is another great exercise if you want to tone the mid part of your body. Lie on your back while your knees are bent and your feet are on the floor. With your arms crossed on your chest, try to curl your body up but keep your chin tucked to your chest. You will know that you are doing the exercise right, if you can feel your abdominal muscles contracting.
- Dancing – this can be a great aerobic exercise, especially if done with high intensity. The best thing about dancing is that you can have a lot of fun while working out.
These types of home exercise routines can help keep you in great shape without the need to go to the gym or purchasing expensive exercise equipment. Just make sure to pair it up with a healthy and well balanced diet and make sure to stick to your routines to successfully gain weight, lose weight or just to stay fit!
Posted on : 18-01-2011 | By : GuestPoster | In : Exercises
Most people are wondering how to lose weight fast. When it comes to this, the main problem is not determination or motivation. Most people have plenty of both. The major problem is that, they are unable to keep the routine long enough so that it will be ingrained into their schedule. Here are some tips on how you can give your routines more time without affecting other important activities:
- Set a schedule for your routine. Write down your schedule in a piece of paper and stick it to where you can easily see it. Most experts would recommend exercising in the morning as this is the time when your body can burn more calories and energize you for the day. Aside from that, an exhausting day at school or a bad day at work can make you exhausted leaving you with not enough energy to workout.
- Opt for the workout that you will enjoy. Various types of effective workouts include cycling, swimming, lifting weights, or running. Make sure to do your exercises in variation so that your body will not feel bored about it and for you to continuously see the results of your effort.
- Set a realistic goal. It would be great if you know what should be the outcome of your exercises. Do you want skinnier waist, more muscles and bulk or flat abs? Make sure to write your goal along with your schedule so you will not forget when to exercise and why you are exercising.
- Make sure to stick to your schedule. Even if you are still sleepy in the morning, ignore it; get off your bed and workout. Remember that sticking to your goal and schedule is the best way to succeed.
- Treat yourself if you successfully finished a week without missing a single day of workout. A nice pair of shoes you have been eyeing or a piece of your favorite dessert can already be a good reward.
Making your daily exercise routine a habit can give you lots of benefits. This can help you lose weight and maintain a healthy body. Learning how to stick into your goal can help you succeed in your future plans as well. That is one of the main advantages of learning how to build a healthy habit as you can use it for your future goals. This will work on your diet program as well. Just make sure that you write down your schedule to avoid missing important tasks.
Posted on : 13-04-2010 | By : GuestPoster | In : Exercises
Do you think that the gym is the only place wherein you can chisel your body to perfection? Well, you are dead wrong! In order for you to have that wonderful physique, you can simply go and exercise at home. To help get you started, here listed are a few at home exercise routines for you to ponder on. These routines are not only effective; they are new and extremely fun to do as well.
Kettlebell Exercises – Kettlebell training is an innovative exercise regimen that is fast making waves these days. With this type of training, there is no need for you to purchase a number of free weights like dumbbells or barbells and such; one kettlebell is all you will ever need.
The kettlebell can be utilized in several different ways and it is perfect for conditioning the body and building up your strength. As a matter of fact, many professional athletes recommend the use of kettlebells for strength training. There are many kettlebell exercises and all of them are very easy to do and will provide you with optimum muscle gain.
Boxing – At home boxing is another great way to get fit. Back in the days, boxing is only thought of as a brutal sport where two guys go and beat the life out of one another, but now, a lot of people are getting into it to trim and tone their bodies. You can purchase a boxing bag and have it placed in your backyard, basement or garage.
If you do not have that much space at home or you are a bit low on the budget, you can try aero-boxing or more specifically, aerobic boxing. Nowadays, there are tons of VCD’s and DVD’s available that teaches aero-boxing and the good about it is that, these VCD’s DVD’s are very cost-effective. Simply pop the DVD on your player and punch your calories away!